If you follow me on Facebook, you might have noticed on Wednesday my status update was "decisions, decisions"
I was trying to decide if I should submit my name to be a vendor at a wedding show this Sunday at a local, very reputable, golf course.
The lady I spoke with seemed very optimisitc and didn't think it would be a problem and advised me that the girl organizing the event would be out of the office til Friday but would confirm for sure by then.
So I spoke with Kristen, my Mom and a few close friends who all thought I should pay the fee and take the risk.
And I did.....
Since Wednesday in between Jesse time....I've had sleepless nights, computer burnt out eyes, spent money I wouldn't normally have, and had a more than usual dirty house, all in an effort to have my website, portfolio and presentation "just so" for this coming Sunday.
I was terrified but so excited at the same time.
Until today I spoke with the girl who organizes the event. She advised me that she feels the quantity of photographers they have at the show is enough (4) and that adding myself wouldn't be fair.
I understand the reasoning...I do.
But I can't even explain how disappointed I am.
And though I do understand the reasoning, who's to say these photographers are going to get "x" number of bookings anyway?
Who's to say I would have "taken" these bookings from them had I been there?
Though secretly I would certainly hope so :)
Anyway....I just wanted to share as I know this is as real as taking a risk can get.
Do I regret the last 2 days? Nope...I'm already that much further ahead for when I do get into a wedding show. And that much further ahead with some things I've been procrastinating on.
Here's to risks taken, dreams followed and stars wished upon
"I took the road less travelled by, and that has made all the difference"
~ Robert Frost